Thursday 19 March 2015

New cosplay makeup supplies~

As a personal rule, I don't wear makeup (with the exception of BB Cream because heck everybody loves them too). But because I do cosplay, I have to put it on XD So I went shopping for more makeup supplies for cosplay today~ I'll be sharing on the products I bought in this post :3

This is not a product review by the way, because I haven't tried any of them on yet.
I've been cosplaying for a while now, but I never had enough makeup to pull off that ridiculously extravagant anime look www

So today I finally got out of my seat and decided to go shopping for more cosmetics. I decided to stick with a budget of $50. Any more than that and I'll be deemed broke because I need to get other anime and cosplay stuff as well heh XD

I bought my products at the nearby mart, mainly at the Watsons and Maco stores.

1) Brushes



I lack cosmetic brushes, especially small ones, so I badly need them. These brushes were bought at Maco, with each costing about $1.20 (second photo). The brush set (first photo) cost $6.90. However, the brush bristles are really soft to the touch, and they're made from recycled materials so I think it's worth it. I really love small brushes because they're easier to control and they do a great job when you apply makeup to your eyes.

2) BB Cream


As a personal preference, I don't use foundation. My very first foundation was a Maybelline Mineral Foundation Powder (or something along that line). It didn't provide much coverage but because I was using it for school presentations, it didn't really matter. But if I were to use it for cosplay purposes, then that would be quite the opposite. I also don't use liquid foundation because to me, it's heavy and I have oily skin. There are many foundations catered to oily skin but this is just my own preference XD

So instead of foundation I use BB Cream. I've tried out different brands of BB Creams and eventually settled down with Silkygirl's Magic BB Cream. While it's creamy, it isn't oily and it feels great on my skin. It's also easy to apply and it feels light so I consider it my favourite BB Cream so far. I tried Maybelline's BB White before but I don't really like it because it feels greasy on my skin.
I decided to try out Essence's All In One BB Cream as pictured above (there was no tester for this product while I was at the store unfortunately D:) and I hope it'll be to my liking! This one cost me $7.50.

3) Compact Powder


I've never used compact power before. I've been using normal face powder as an alternative all along so I decided it was time to get myself one. This is mattifying compact powder, also by Essence and it costs $6.50. I think Watsons just brought in this brand? Because I've never seen it there before, unless I never noticed it www. Anyway, yes compact powder is a must for cosmetics lovers and cosplayers alike because no one wants to end up with an unglam shiny face on camera! :'D

4) Eyeshadow


I already have eyeshadow which I'd bought from Daiso (because it's cheap lol) but I wanted to try Essence's brand of eyeshadow ($6.50). As usual, nude colours because anime characters don't wear makeup. Unless of course you're talking about characters like Judal (Magi) and Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha) who have got prominent colours on the eyelids.



These are eyeshadows from Rhomlon. There were quite a variety of palettes to choose from, but I got the one with the most number of colours. I won't be using these for my eyeshadow (unless there's a need) but I'll be using them to paint my eyebrows instead :D I really like the palette's colours by the way, and the patterns on the cakes are really pretty!

5) Eyeliner


And finally, my number 2 favourite piece of cosmetic - eyeliners! I'd already gotten myself an eyeliner pen and a liquid eyeliner but I thought I should get a gel eyeliner so I could do thicker lines. Also because I don't possess a steady hand... _(:з」∠)_ I also got myself a white eyeliner (kajal pencil) so that I can use it to line the bottom of my eyes. Also from Essence, they cost $4.50 and $2.50 respectively. I was really tempted to buy Maybelline's kohl liners but then I know that I'm never going to cosplay characters like Judal (or Magi characters in general ww) so I ended up saving myself from spending unnecessarily :'D

In total, I'd spent exactly $50, which was my budget! I'm so happy~ XD
That's all for this post. I'll probably post a review of these products once I've done a costest with them! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment