Friday 13 March 2015

AFA 2014 (6 & 7 December 2014)

Hehe this post is pretty late but well, I really want to share how fun the event was! I'll combine both days into one post. (TvT)

This post will be PHOTO-HEAVY!! XD

However, please DO NOT take out any of my photos!! >.<

I attended AFA 2014 on Day 2 and Day 3 last year. I was stuck in school on Friday so I couldn't go orz. They also announced the attendees for the Lantis Matsuri that will be held on March 28th. I was in class when the announcement was made at the event and after that I couldn't concentrate for the rest of the class LOLOL

I cosplayed Kurusu Shou (UtaPri) on the 6th ovo.... That was the first time I took the bus and the train while in a cosplay, and earning stares from the public......... >o< But it was a refreshing experience! It's a little different feeling as compared to when I donned my NCC uniform (this also earned me stares from the public, which I don't understand why because it's actually my country's official military uniform okay ._. Maybe cos they find it strange that a girl is wearing it...? >_>)

As usual, it was held at the Suntec Convention Centre and the moment we stepped into the mall, you could feel that the atmosphere was just awesome!! *o* Mind you, that mall is HUGE! We were trying to get to the convention halls but we didn't know which way to go. Luckily, there was an Eren and a Levi cosplayer walking in front of us so we followed them secretly LOL XDD

This time the event spanned six whole exhibition halls, so it's a bit bigger than the ones in the previous years. I didn't preorder my tickets this year so we had to buy them at the venue. Luckily when we arrived there weren't a lot of people so we managed to get our tickets without having to queue for a long time (less than 10 minutes actually!). We headed to the washroom so I could put on my wig, and also to relieve ourselves :p But the toilet was crowded with cosplayers so we sat outside the washroom and I put on my wig there. From where we were sitting we got to see a Tsukiyama Shuu cosplayer adjusting his wig heheh and then he was joined by a Hide cosplayer. My friends were really excited to see the cosplayers, and got even more hyped up when they spotted a Kakashi cosplayer LOL XD

When all the prep was done, we headed back to the venue. The moment we entered the hall, we were greeted with a Gundam 35th Anniversary Tribute and a One Piece Figuarts ZERO/Tamashii Nations exhibition.







We were due to watch the Special Stages by the guest artists but since we had time, we walked around the convention for a bit.

The first stop was Danny Choo's Culture Japan booth, together with his Smart Doll series!
I really like the hijab Mirai, and the Mirai in grey with the beanie :3


Then we reached one of the exhibitions I was very excited about.
The life-sized (1/1 scale) Psycho Pass figures that were featured in the "Dive to Psycho-Pass" event in Japan!!






On to the figures exhibitions!

Megahouse


Gintama



One Piece



Kuroko no Basuke
Kise I will get you I promise!! ;;;


Naruto




Free!


Good Smile Company

Sword Art Online



Dramatical Murder

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works & Fate/Zero

I want this so bad asdjkshgfsdhgf
Black Rock Shooter

Shingeki no Kyojin



Banpresto

Cardcaptor Sakura
Uta no Prince-sama
Kuroko no Basuke
Haikyuu!!
Naruto the Last
One Piece
Fate
After that it was time to head to the main stage to catch the Special Stages. I'll combine both days' stages because I'm trying to squeeze everything ;;

------

No photography allowed unfortunately...

Day 2 Special Stages

The first featured animes were Soukyuu no Fafner, K: Missing Kings and Knights of Sidonia. We had angela grace the stage (being the theme song artists for the animes featured) and then we had none other than Horie Yui and Tsuda Kenjirou! Yui-chan was so cute, I can't believe she's nearly 40 years old! And hot damn TsudaKen!! He was sooooo kakkooooiiiiii~~ (*///A///*)

Check out his tweets about Singapore here! XD
Loitering around Orchard at night
Drinking the Merlion water
Marina Bay Sands coming out from the mouth

There were also the seiyuu for Sidonia - Arai Satomi and Kanemoto Hisako! Arai-san was really graceful and she kept smiling the entire time she was talking! ^^

They screened the PVs for Soukyuu no Fafner EXODUS and the season 2 of K!

After the Sidonia showcase, it was time for the Fate/Stay Night showcase. And the special guest was none other than Kawasumi Ayako!! Oh my is she a goddess aaaaaa *__*
The poor producer though. When the MCs announced another special guest for the showcase, everyone was excited and when Iwakami Atsuhiro-san appeared, he apologized for not being a seiyuu. It was meant to be in good humour but personally I felt a little bad for him _(:з」∠)_

There was an interview followed by a Q&A session where the questions were sent in by fans. One of the questions asked what Saber was to Kawasumi-san, and she replied that Saber was indeed one of her favourite and memorable roles, because she has been voicing her for a long time, from the games to all the anime adaptations and movies.

They also screened the storyboards for the following episode of that week, as well as hinting a new character who would appear in the second season in April (duh we all know it's mongrel king Gil LOL XDD) Speaking of which I need to continue watching the anime I'm still stuck at episode 0 lmao orz

At the end of the showcase, there was a lucky draw involving stickers under your chairs. If you were one of the lucky ones, you would get some Fate/Stay Night freebies as well as the official script! *cries because lady luck has always been absent on my part TvT*

Day 3 Special Stages

For this day, there were the showcases for Noragami, Psycho Pass 2 episode screening and SAO 2. I didn't attend the Noragami one but I came in just in time to see the guests finish drawings of the Noragami characters www
Afterwards there was the screening for episode 9 of Psycho Pass 2. Everyone cheered during the opening song, and people also kept cheering at odd timings, such as when Joshu Kasei appeared lolol people please ww

After that was the special appearance by that night's Anisong concert artists, including FLOW, Aoi Eir, Root Five, May'n and Garnidelia!

Following that was the SAO 2 showcase. The guest was none other than Matsuoka Yoshitsugu!! How do I describe this man..... He's cute, adorable, super duper shy and just overall KAWAII ♥
I posted a coverage of the showcase on my tumblr so if you wanna read it just search Yoshi-kun's tag on my tumblr I'm too lazy right now orz ;;


------

For the rest of the days, I spent time shopping for merch and taking photos. I went around alone on Sunday and I feel that going to cons alone is actually much much better than when going with friends (ah I'm such a loner... :'D)

We stopped by the otome booth where they were promoting the Hakuouki game on Android!

Souji husbando asdklhslkjhfskd //////////////

At the Starchild booth, we even got the opportunity to see Reika, KANAME and Fay up close!!
They were cosplaying the characters from Sidonia.



KANAME looked straight at my camera!! (///A///) AKFHSKDJFHKDJSHG *dies*

There was also an exhibition of Ryuk for the Death Note musical as well as some artwork next to it (from the manga I suppose?)
I didn't know it existed when I was there on Saturday but because I was free to walk around by myself the following day, I managed to spot it!
Honestly there was a high chance people would overlook this exhibition because it was located in a corner and there weren't a lot of people around this area. I'm so glad I found it! X3
Kakizawa Hayato (playing Light in the musical) was one of the guests for AFA but I didn't get to see him ;;


Exhibited merch from various exhibitors (Muse, Latendo, ODEX, etc)







Anime posters around Proware, ODEX, Aniplus, etc
















Spotted Elizabeth and Domo-kun waddling around XD

"What're you looking at, stupid!?" LOL


Cosplays!! :D

No Face (Spirited Away)

Ren Kougyoku & Alibaba (Magi)

Ace & Luffy (One Piece)

Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul)
According to my friend, he was really shy! X3

Touka (Tokyo Ghoul)

Hiro Hamada & Kabuki guy I mean Yokai (Big Hero 6)

Garo
This guy's awesome!!


Naruto & Sasuke spotted eating ramen! With Deidara behind ww
And lastly, my AFA stash ww


Most of them are free stuff and fliers XD



Wooo Prince of Tennis stuff!! And I finally got that Shiraishi figure aaaaaa ♥
Daiya no Ace print (*´∀`)♥
I'm gonna buy more Daiya stuff at this year's AFA!
Picked up the Lantis Matsuri flier which I won't be able to attend~ 
_(:з」∠)_

Do check out these awesome AFA 2014 cosplay videos!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZJZROb5ys (the guy at 0:39 is from my school ww)

And that's all for this post! This is one heck of a long post, possibly my longest post in this blog lol XD

No comments:

Post a Comment