Sunday 9 December 2012

Shinsengumi Mokuhiroku Wasurenagusa Vol 5 Hijikata Toshizou Disc 1 Short Summaries

Shinsengumi Mokuhiroku Wasurenagusa Vol 5 Hijikata Toshizou (CV: Hosoya Yoshimasa) CD Cover
I haven't been posting anything related to the otome fandom lately so I thought I'd post some short summaries on Disc 1 of the fifth Wasurenagusa volume. My friend Lunacchi requested me to do a live-tweeting session on this volume (which I did in the wee hours of the morning so yeah, I was doing it half-asleep).

Please note that they may not be accurate due to my very meager Japanese. And also, this is my very first time ever trying out a summary/mini translation of a drama CD. I'm really sorry if there are any mistakes of any sort! (Q_Q)

Track 1
“時は源氏元年。” 
[It is the first year of Genji]

The track opens with Hijikata explaining about the Bakufu. 
He then talks about them protecting the Mikado.

"For the Bakufu, for the Shinsengumi. And to surpass (??), for Kondou-san."

He is commanding the Shinsengumi soldiers.
He is battling someone.
"What? Horrified seeing your friend die?" 
*more fighting* 
"So who's next?!"

Then there was this part which sounded like he was apologizing to the Aizu clan. (I think so... >.<)

Track 2
"What? A young woman? Saitou took her in? What is the meaning of this?! ... She was nearly killed by some ryoushi just now?"

You're asleep. 
He shakes you roughly to wake you up but you don't even budge. 
"*sigh* It can't be helped. *to a soldier* Oi! Stand watch over this room!"

Track 3
They're doing some sword practice.

*sees you* "Hey you. What're you doing over there?"

You ask him some stuff and he answers you saying that a woman isn't supposed to be here. (or something like that... ;__;)

During dinner (I think!), he says some stuff which makes you tear up. He's a bit surprised but says that it's to be expected. He thinks you're troublesome. (I don't quite get this part >o<)

Track 4
He's addressing the Shinsengumi soldiers. Then he turns to you and asks you to bring tea to his room.

You have the tea ready and he orders you to come into his room. As he begins speaking to you, you accidentally spill the tea on his kimono. (LOL) And of course he gets angry at you.

(*Super Dummy Head Mic-san enters* which surprised me quite a bit because it's like, still early... But I guess they jumbled up the order from Heisuke's CD onwards XD)

"You spilled tea on my kimono. What are you gonna do about it?"
You apologize.
You ask him what you should do. (LOL this happens every time okay XD)

"Yare yare. Do you really not know? If you can't tell me..." (I don't know what he's saying after that... =_=;)

"Fine. I'll tell you since you don't know. You..." (U-Uh... >////////<)

(OH SHIET MUST I TRANSLATE THESE NEXT PARTS AJDSAJKFHLSHGKHSG)

After some 'stuff' he tells you, you try to escape but he prevents you from doing so.

He calls you a dog and...uh...kisses you...

You run away from his room and he chuckles.

Track 5
(I don't really understand the first part of Track 5. I'll have to re-listen to it again. AND WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME?? QAQ)

He keeps saying women are troublesome... (And he continues being angry at you)

(Some time later...)

It's night time and he's doing his sword practice.
He notices you.

He starts talking and he mentions things like "everything happens because he has the Shinsengumi with him". (I THINK TAT)
He also says the moon is pretty. (similar to Heisuke X3)

Track 6
(Don't quite get Track 6 either)

He's eating then you enter his room suddenly. (LOL you guys sure get along fast! XD)
He's eating manjuu and he says they're sweet. (this is cute >w<)

~END OF DISC 1~

So yeah, that's about it... I know there are a lot of mistakes just from these very short and brief translations... o(;△;)o
I think it's best to read this while listening to the tracks themselves...the lines will be easier to figure out I guess (and it's all because I'm too lazy to check and add in the timings for the lines orz...)
I've already listened to Disc 2. There isn't much ero as compared to the earlier volumes (or maybe I'm missing some things... ¬__¬)
Anyway, Hosoyan did a very good job as Hijikata! There was one part in Disc 2 where Hijikata was expressing his caught-up feelings to you, and it was very emotional. Oh my feels... 
(*´;ェ;`*) 
However, I think I understand why many people aren't willing to translate the Wasurenagusa drama CDs. It's more difficult to understand what they're actually saying maybe because some of the words used are in olden Japanese...

No comments:

Post a Comment