Sunday 26 July 2015

CharaExpo 2015 (20 June 2015)

Greetings! It's been a month since I've posted an entry in this blog! I've been busy over the past month...my apologies!

Today I'll be blogging about last month's CharaExpo which was held in Singapore for the very first time. I only went on the first day because I was really tired and lazy to go for the second one www

This post will be pretty PHOTO-HEAVY!

*Please DO NOT take out any of my photos!

CharaExpo 2015 was held over two days on the 20th and 21st of June, at the Singapore Expo. I went with my friend on the first day. Since the venue is near my house, we arrived there pretty early (around 9.15am?) The convention was scheduled to start at 10am but the queue at the entrance stretched as far as my eyes could see (in other words there were already so many people waiting for the doors to open). We bought our tickets and decided to stay in the opposite hall because it was hot outside and we prefer the A/C and less crowded areas www.

The ticket. At least it's way cheaper than STGCC and AFA XD
Around 10am we decided to join the queue and thankfully the moment we did, the line started moving and we managed to get inside within a few minutes. There was a goodie bag given out to the first 2000 attendees and we managed to be one of them XD Inside the goodie bag was a lot of brochures as well as a couple of vouchers for use at certain booths.

My first priority was to attend the Cardfight Vanguard event because Yonaga Tsubasa was going to be there! My friend wanted to do the ichibankuji (she's addicted to it okay lol) so we decided to split up and go our separate ways. I quickly rushed to the Entertainment Stage and was lucky to get a middle row seat. No photography allowed when the guests are up on stage so here's a photo of how the stage looks like (during pre-talk).


Let me tell you beforehand that I don't watch Vanguard, hence I have no idea what was going on during the interview and whatnot (I just clapped along with everyone so that I don't appear lost lol but I'm sure plenty of others, like me, were there just to see Wingu XD)

And I must say Wingu is soooo adorable!! He was excited about everything and his stage presence just made everything more lively. There was one point where the producer looked around at the audience and noticed a couple of Sendou Aichi cosplayers and he said "There are a lot of Aichis here today." Wingu looked around and said ありがとう、僕! which means "Thank you, me!" and waved at the audience! So cute!! XD There was a Manami cosplayer there too, and I do hope he saw her/him www. At the end of the stage, Wingu thanked everyone for coming and stated that he really likes Singapore and he hopes to come here again. He said Satou Takuya and Abe Atsushi wished to come along to Singapore too but they couldn't make it so he hopes that in the future he will be able to come to Singapore with them (hopefully next year, he said XD).

After the stage I wandered around the convention to take photos, mostly the figures on display.

GARO The Animation












I've never watched Garo but I really find these Garo figures beautiful! *_*

Kantai Collection, Good Smile Company











I don't play or watch Kancolle so I don't know anything about it, sorry! >.<

Hatsune Miku + Others, Good Smile Company













Banpresto























Others (around the convention)
















Touken Ranbu

Jiji nendoroid!
Life-sized Jiji and Kogi wall at the Touken Ranbu booth.
I was too embarrassed to take a photo of myself with them LOL
At this CharaExpo was also the first time I watched pro-wrestling live. I've watched WWE/WWF since young but I've never watched one IRL. At around lunchtime, my friend and I were tired from all the walking so we decided to settle down to rest our feet at the seats around the wrestling arena. The event was scheduled to start at 4pm so we thought it wouldn't start till then. But we didn't know there was a pre-show featuring local wrestlers LOL
I was pretty shocked as the emcee stepped into the ring and started announcing stuff, and the crowd around the ring grew bigger and bigger XD It was definitely a great experience pffttt XD






And here's my loot from the event! I didn't buy any figures this time because I wanted to save money for STGCC and AFA XD

Touken Ranbu exclusive! XD


Overall it was a great event, and pretty satisfying considering that this is the first time they've held it here in Singapore. Definitely looking forward to next year's! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment