Sunday 24 November 2013

AFA SG 2013 (Day 3: 10th November)

This is the second part of my AFA post. Less photos this time cos the security became so much tighter and I didn't want to risk getting kicked out >.< Again, these posts only talk about the stage events.

Full details under the cut!

I ended up leaving the house late again (this time because I was facing some issues with my folks cos they refused to let me go ¬_¬). The first stage event of the day was the Shingeki no Kyojin anime showcase which started at 11am and I reached the concert hall right on the dot (QAQ). As expected it was super crowded but I managed to squeeze all the way to the front (even though we had to sit down on the floor in the end so as not to block anyone's view but meh).

The MCs were Reiko-san and Yoshida-san again. They mentioned Levi's name at the very start and girls were already screaming their heads off LOL. The special guests were Araki Tetsuro-san (Director), Asano Kyouji-san (Character Designer), George Wada-san (Producer), Nakatake Tetsuya-san (Producer) and Mikasa's seiyuu Ishikawa Yui-san!

image

image
(from left: Nakatake-san, Araki-san and Ishikawa-san)

image
(from right: Wada-san and Asano-san)

I think it was really cute that they all wore the titan head bands which were given out free over the event! XD If you have watched the SnK event, I think you might be aware of how soft Araki-san speaks. So even here, he was speaking really softly and the mic he was holding kept moving further and further away from his mouth LOL. And then there was a Reiner cosplayer who proudly introduced himself to the guests from his seat among the audience (they thought he was Jean at first though XD) and I kind of regretted not being in my Hanji cosplay that day orz (I was wearing the Recon Corps t-shirt instead). There was also an AFA staff photographer who went to the front of the stage to take photos wearing a titan mask, earning delighted giggles from the guests and the audience! They also screened the storyboard animatics from episode 21 (the part where Eren was taken away by the Female Titan and Mikasa tried to stop her). AND MORE FANGIRL SCREAMS WHEN LEVI APPEARED. According to them, such things have never been shown to the public, not even in Japan, so we were really lucky to have been given the privilege to view it.

Ishikawa-san talked about how she felt worried that she may not be able to portray Mikasa well but the staff told her to do whatever she deemed fit. This is due to the fact that voice-overs were done during the storyboard stage, and not when the entire animation has been completed hence she felt uneasy because she never got to see Mikasa in action to actually understand her character. They also asked Ishikawa-san which of Mikasa's quotes was her favourite and she went "この世界は残酷なんだ。". Ishikawa-san was really cute! (≧∇≦) And at the end, Ishikawa-san (RPing as Mikasa) invited the audience to stand up along with the guests on stage for the salute (hnnnggggg it really felt like Mikasa was commanding and we were the soldiers akhfdjsklhgslkjhgfkjldhaligh)~ I wish they could have brought in Kajikyun and the rest of the cast as well (HHHOMYGOD IMAGINE SEEING KIIYAN ON STAGE ALFHAKJLDHSLKGS;HGJKS) but I think that might be a bit of a problem in terms of budget and everything orz.

I stayed for the Kakumeiki Valvrave anime showcase because the special guests were Kimura Ryouhei-san and Ousaka Ryouta-san! (´ ▽`) They voice L-Elf and Haruto in the anime respectively - and I kinda wished they'd asked Ousaka to appear in the SnK showcase as well since he voiced Marco (>_<). The security became really tight at that point so I didn't take any photos from then on.

image
This was all I managed to snap before the AFA staff started patrolling the hall >A<

AND CAN I JUST SAY KIMURA-SAN AND OUSAKA-SAN WERE SO CUTE!? HNNNGGGGGGGG (>/////////<) Tbh I wasn't there for Valvrave but for the two of them (yeah you can shoot me) so I won't give much details of what they discussed on the anime (>.<). And as expected, the moment they stepped on stage, FANGIRL SCREAMSSSSSSSS me included XD There were a bunch of guys sitting behind me chanting "VALVRAVE! VALVRAVE!" throughout so I mentally blocked their voices out (=_=;)

Kimura-san and Ousaka-san talked about what they thought of Singapore, places they went, their favourite local food, etc. [During the course of the festival I realised that the Japanese who visit Singapore have got a fetish for チキンライス. Even May'n said it was one of her favourites along with roti prata www (oh and the Japanese students who visited my school over the holidays said they loved the dish too I'm--- щ(゚Д゚щ) )] Apparently it was Ousaka-san's first event overseas! Aww.. ˚‧º·(´ฅωฅ`)‧º·˚. Kimura-san was really precious too!

Kimura: Erm...we also went to the...what was it? *turns to Ousaka* Ga..Gaaden..Gaaaden...? *turns to audience for help*
Audience: Gardens By The Bay!
Kimura: Ahhhh yes! Gardens By The Bay! *laughs*
Me: *dies from the overwhelming cuteness*

They started the event by screening the first episode of Valvrave and everyone watched it together (it was kind of a spoiler for me unfortunately XD). And once again the fangirl screams echoed through the hall whenever L-Elf and A-Drei appeared. The guys pretty much fanboyed over the...well, you know, swimsuits and uh...boobs... (¬///¬) The seiyuus gave various comments during the course of the screening. They talked about how they felt nostalgic watching the first episode since recording was done over a year ago.

CLASSROOM SCENE
Kimura: Minna-san, are the schools/classrooms in Singapore the same as the ones featured here? In Japan?
Audience: *silence* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Kimura: Oh? So how are schools/classrooms in Singapore like? Are they nicer than the ones in Japan? (I think he asked that, I can't remember sorry >.<)
Audience: NOOOOOOOOOOO (LOL all I could remember was the audience saying this all the time XD)

SWIMMING SUIT SCENE
Kimura: Do the girls in Singapore wear such swimming suits for school too?
Audience: NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Kimura: So what do they wear then?
Audience: *attempts to say that SG doesn't have swimming lessons included in our PE classes by X-ing their arms and saying "Nai!"*
Kimura: EH!? SO YOU MEAN THEY DON'T WEAR ANYTHING (i.e. NAKED)!? (ROFL KIMURA PLS I CAN'T WITH YOU XDDDD)

After the screening ended, they screened a video message from Seto Asami (Shouko's seiyuu) and Fukuyama Jun (A-Drei's seiyuu) who were unable to attend the event. They directed most of the message to Kimura and Ousaka and it was funny! JUNJUN WAS SO CUTE AHHHHHHHH (;A;)

Fukuyama: How are you two doing? How is Singapore? Have you been out drinking? I remember you two were telling me about that Merlion joke of yours and I don't know if you want to share it with the audience. *continues teasing the duo* BOTH OF YOU, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME WHEN YOU GUYS COME BACK TO JAPAN OKAY! (/fangirl screams/)

They didn't share their Merlion joke with us unfortunately and they made me really curious (though I personally think it's something dirty... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ). I think they made that joke because the Merlion, Singapore Flyer and Esplanade were featured in that first episode of Valvrave (the guests on stage were like yo are you guys happy that your country was featured in the anime? XD)

Kimura was super hyper and talkative while Ousaka was a bit more quiet and reserved. But they were both so cute and adorable hnnngggggggg /flails/

After the Valvrave showcase ended, they had a special artist appearance for that night's AniSong concert "Valvrave Night" featuring angela, Elisa, T.M.Revolution and Mizuki Nana! It was unfortunate that I couldn't take photos but I have to say they were all very cool! I finally got to see Nishikawa-san live and urgghhh he's just so freaking awesome!!! (>//////<) Mizuki-san was just sooooo kawaiiiiii~ (◡‿◡✿)

And to end off this post, here are more shots of the very wonderful REIKA-SAMA cosplaying as Levi this time! :D
image

image
---------
NOTICE: All photos belong to me. PLEASE DO NOT RE-UPLOAD THEM ON TUMBLR OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment