Sunday 24 November 2013

AFA SG 2013 (Day 2: 9th November)

Okay so I finally got around to writing the posts on AFA (even though the event was like 2 weeks ago??? I'm so sorry I've been really super busy with school lately so I couldn't find time to write proper posts >A<). I'll split the posts into Days 2 and 3 respectively because a lot of things happened over those two days. Also, I will only be writing about the stage events.

Full details under the cut!

AFA this year was held yet again at Singapore's Suntec International Convention Centre (though personally I prefer it being held at Expo like last year cos Expo is so much bigger plus it's only 2 train stations away from my house >.<). I went with two of my friends and a reluctant auntie of mine: she whatsapped the rest of the family saying that she felt as though she'd entered the wrong world upon reaching the event hall LOLOL auntie,


I'd planned to reach the venue at around 9.30am but because I was still putting on my cosplay, I was late and left the house at 10am instead *shot* (girls, I'm so sorry! QAQ)

After my friends bought their tickets, we headed to the concert hall (where the special stage events were held) to catch the Sword Art Online anime showcase. I personally wasn't quite interested cos I haven't watched SAO yet but my friends love SAO so yeah they dragged me along with them OTL|||
SAO was the first stage event of the day and due to its popularity, it was pretty obvious that the crowds were huge. We were pretty lucky to get seats even though the view wasn't exactly great :|

The MCs for the SAO showcase (and pretty much all the other stage events I attended) were Reiko-san and Yoshida Hisanori-san (tbh I have no idea who he is but he was a funny guy XD EDIT: He's a well-known MC for seiyuu events - no wonder I found him familiar! This is all due to me not giving much attention to MCs while watching seiyuu events OTL my bad!). Danny Choo and Ferlyn Yoshimi were MCs for the various stage events too but I didn't get to see them :(

image
THIS was the only time I caught a glimpse of Danny and Ferlyn before the SAO event lolol

image
The special guests were Itou Tomohiko-san (Director) and Kashiwada Shinichirou-san (Producer).

image
Itou-san

image
Kashiwada-san

Other guests who also appeared were LiSA-san and Aoi Eir-san! (≧∇≦)

image

image
LiSA-san holding up her concert towel

image
Aoi-san's towel was super long so Reiko-san and Itou-san (I think!) had to help her hold it up lol XD

After the SAO event, we left the concert hall and headed for the festival venue. It was totally packed like sardines I could hardly breathe (and the Recon Corps uniform was not helping me in any way OTL). We roamed around for a while (I bought a Takasugi figure and the Banpresto KuroBasu chibi figures - more about them in another post!) and at about 1.30pm we headed back to the stage venue for the Psycho Pass showcase which started at 2pm.

They were promoting the new Microsoft mascot Aizawa Inori. Wasn't really interested but here you go:

image

image

After that at 1.45pm was the artists special appearance!

image

image
Featuring LiSA, Milky Holmes, Aoi Eir and May'n. I saw May'n last year too ^^ They talked about what they thought about Singapore, their favourite local food, and telling the audience to anticipate their performances for that night's AniSong concert.

And theennnnnnn~ *drum roll* THE PSYCHO PASS SHOWCASE!!! 8D

image

We managed to get seats really near to the stage so I was really happy and excited. They opened the showcase with the PSYCHO PASS trailer before inviting the special guests in onto the stage. The guests were Shiotani Naoyoshi (Director), Yamamoto Kouji (Chief Producer) and the highly-anticipated UROBUCHI GEN-SAN!!

image

image
^ WATCHING THE ACTION ON A BIG SCREEN GOT ME ALL FIRED UP YO EVEN THOUGH IT WAS JUST THE TRAILER. And btw that huge mass of black blocking nearly 1/4 of the screen belongs to a certain Makishima cosplayer LOL (the camera even zoomed in on him/her idk which at the end of the showcase XD)

image

image
And there you have it: the masters behind the wonderful PSYCHO PASS! (from left: Urobuchi-san, Shiotani-san and Yamamoto-san)

I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to remember much of what they talked about. However, I do vaguely remember them saying something about the time slots they wanted to air PSYCHO PASS in Fuji TV (please correct me if I'm wrong!). Also, Urobuchi-san was asked on why he enjoys killing off his characters in his stories. And his answer was something along the lines of death being the ultimate end for everyone...........something like that....... OTL OTL OTL I'M SO SO SOOOOO SORRY I HAVE FISH MEMORY GUHHHHHHHH (┳◇┳)

ANNNNDDDDD that was what happened during the stage events for Day 2 of AFA! Before I end this post, here are a couple of snapshots of the very awesome very talented very kakkoii REIKA-SAMA cosplaying as Jean! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

image

image

image

ONWARD TO THE NEXT POST! ZOOM ZOOM~~~~
-------
NOTICE: All photos belong to me. PLEASE DO NOT RE-UPLOAD THEM ON TUMBLR OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment