Tuesday 10 November 2015

STGCC 2015

Hello again! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ Today's post will be on STGCC 2015. I know it's been a while (nearly two months in fact) since the event ended but I couldn't find time to update because the situation at home changed somewhat drastically .-. But today is a public holiday here in my country so I have time to update my blog, and also before the next event this weekend, GameStart Asia.

This post is PHOTO-HEAVY
*Please DO NOT take out any of my photos

I went with Fuyu-chan this year, and my main goal was to see Sugita Tomokazu who had attended last year's STGCC as well~ We went on the second day (Sunday, September 13th) and thankfully it wasn't as crowded as we had expected. I rarely attend conventions at Marina Bay Sands but I think the size of the hall is much bigger than the one at Suntec, hence more room to walk around.

The highlight of this year's STGCC is none other than Star Wars, due to the fact that the new movie will be out end of this year. I'm not a Star Wars fan so I know nothing of the series nor the hype, so why not some photos in my stead?  |ω・)


I'll be writing in this direction:

Star Wars → Marvel/DC → LOTR/The Hobbit → Miscellaneous → Games → Anime

Star Wars







My uncle has a smaller version of this so I recognised it immediately














I'm really amazed at the figures because they look so realistic and those positioned with backgrounds look like scenes from the actual movies lol

Marvel & DC Comics
























































「お前を見ているぅぅぅぅ…!!」

















































Phew that was a long one (/ω\)

LOTR/The Hobbit

I am a huge fan of The Hobbit (not really into LOTR unfortunately but I'm slowly picking up the book) so I was delighted to see figures from the series on display :3













They accidentally swapped the name placards I think.
It should be Bard instead of Aragorn ;v; 





Headless Thranduil ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
The head is currently not available for preview ;v; 


Miscellaneous








Captain Caaaavemaaaan!!
Yes I'm old enough to remember this show LOL didn't watch it though XD











I suppose this is Three Kingdoms' Guan Yu?



Genghis Khan
Three Kingdoms' Liu Bei
Kangxi Emperor
I don't suppose this is Cao Cao? o_o 


















Last year it was Optimus Prime, this year it's Bumblebee XD





Games














All that Raiden - Fuyu-chan was fangirling hard XD


Anime

And of course, no geek convention is complete without anime!
One Piece had a section all to itself XD




























After we were satisfied with shopping and looking around the convention, we decided to "chope" (Singlish for Reserve XD) a good viewing area to see Sugita Tomokazu. Sugita's panel was to start at around 3.30pm so we came an hour early, and luckily for us that timing was Sadamoto Yoshiyuki's panel, the character designer for Evangelion. Neither of us have watched Evangelion so we somehow lost interest in listening to the panel and we ended up discussing about otome games lol (and partly because they kept on talking about the female characters loool XDD)

Finally it was time for Sugita's panel to start. I turned to look behind me and the crowd was massive omg. Good thing we decided to settle in early otherwise we probably would've ended far at the back (like how I ended up last year orz). He and Mori Toshimichi were attending the convention for the BlazBlue and Guilty Gear game series.

You can read my short report of his panel on my Tumblr X3

Loot from STGCC 2015~ Yeah 80% of it is Touken Ranbu lol
And that wraps up my post on STGCC this year! Wow there are way more photos than text in this post lol... It was one of the best conventions I'd gone to so far this year. And thank you so much to BFF Fuyu-chan for coming with me!! ♥ Two more major conventions to go and that's it for 2015 :'3

No comments:

Post a Comment