Saturday 29 June 2013

Seventh Heaven Vol 2 Review

I've run in on problems in school as of late and I figured I should just try and get them out of my head. So I'll write reviews for the drama CDs I've been listening to recently.

I settled on Seventh Heaven after spending the day trying to choose which CD to review on. I'll talk about volume 2 first because this volume really didn't turn out as I had expected it to. It's....so different from how I had imagined it to be... (0_0)

In case anyone is still wondering, Seventh Heaven is a series by Rejet about 7 beautiful shinigami butlers whom you (the listener and heroine in the story) come across when you harbour thoughts of truly wanting to die.
Beautiful death reapers, who can only be seen by women who truly want to die.
They are "Seventh Heaven".
Their singing voices have the hidden power to send souls to the other side, along with pleasure.
People say there are seven beautiful butlers living in "Hiiragi-kan", a mansion standing on the outskirts of town. The mansion doesn't have an owner, and those who enter never return… Upon hearing this ominous rumor, you decided to step into the mansion. 
There you will find a shocking truth, but you can never tell anyone about this.
Because—
(cr: Otome Jikan)
Official Site

My initial thoughts about this series:
It's not for the young! LOL. Not only cos of the um...stuff that Rejet enjoys torturing us with, but also because of the themes used in here. As compared to Diabolik Lovers and Wasurenagusa, Seventh Heaven is darker with more mature themes, mostly revolving around your 'death'. So I personally feel it's more suitable for the older audience. This is my own opinion anyways haha I could be wrong though... (^^ゞ



Volume 2 of Seventh Heaven features a shinigami called Hinata (CV: Takahashi Hiroki). The personal data provided on the Seventh Heaven website stated that he is a yandere as well as a ドM. And his character design is that of a shouta (well, in my opinion anyways).

Personally for me, I'm not really a fan of ドM characters. Which is why I have placed Do-M Club on hold for such a long time. I mean, I may be slightly ドS in real life but when I'm lost in my fantasy world, I really prefer to be a ドM instead (oh gawd otome fandom what have you done to me here LOL). Especially when it comes to ドM guys, I really have no idea how to handle them. I think they're way scarier than ドS guys. ()

----------------------------------------------

The story begins with you trying to end your life by drinking poison. However, you are stopped by Hinata. He takes the bottle of poison from you and tells you that chances are the poison will not kill you off but will simply cause you pain instead.

He tells you that death is not a thing to be played around with, and asks if you were serious about dying. He doesn't think you're joking though. He tells you that he understands how much pain you had gone through to the point that you are willing to throw your life away. He goes on to say that he is able to help you die peacefully and beautifully before introducing himself as a shinigami. Hinata explains that he is different from other shinigami because the song he sings has the power to remove pain and give you a feeling of pleasure as you are sent off to the afterworld.

You ask Hinata why he is willing to help you. He answers by saying that your soul gives off a pure and sweet scent and that he couldn't ignore you, someone who had to go through many ordeals because of your kindness. He explains that it would be a wise decision to accept his offer to help after meeting him. If you choose not to, he is willing to respect your wishes. However, your soul would end up wandering between the worlds of the living and the dead. You agree to accept his help and he thanks you.

He looks up at the sky and realises that the gateway to the other world has closed. He tells you that there is no choice but to take you along with him to stay in the mansion. There you shall wait for the next full moon for the gateway to reopen again.

Come, let's go.
Together you walk towards the mansion...

For the next couple of weeks, you spend your days with Hinata in the mansion. You find out more about him and how he does not quite get along with the other Seventh Heaven members. Unknowingly, you both become closer to each other. To the point that Hinata asks if you would allow him to die together with you if he were a human. Because he is a shinigami, he possesses immortality. And because of that, he does not know how it feels like to be able to die or to be able to choose one's own death. He also explains that among all the Seventh Heaven members, he feels that he is the one who understands humans the most because he has developed certain human-like senses. Hinata tells you that you are the one whom he wants to be killed by. He begs you to kill him by choking him. You comply to his wishes but after a while you loosen your grip on his neck. He asks why you refused to understand his wish to die, but apologizes afterwards. 

One day, Hinata is searching for you, thinking that you went somewhere on your own. When he finds you, he tells you to inform him your whereabouts or else he would end up having to search all over for you. He asks what you were up to and you tell him that you want to take a walk. Hinata suggests bringing you out of the mansion to the outside world even though he is prohibited from leaving the estate. The both of you spend an enjoyable day in the human world until the sun set. Hinata does not wish to return to the mansion and neither do you. He is surprised to find out that you are actually a very cheerful person because he seldom sees you laugh in the mansion. 

Seeing that the moon is almost full, he confesses his love for you and kisses you. He swears to love you even if death were to separate the both of you. He tells you that he will grant you any wish you want because all he cares now is to make sure you are happy. You tell him that you only want him to always smile and laugh, nothing else. He promises you that he will grant your wish and kisses you again.

The moon is full once again and it is finally time for your passing. Hinata tells you that the days he spent together with you were the happiest moments in his life. He releases your soul and compliments on how beautiful it is. He hugs you and kisses you, unable to let you go. He has difficulty parting with you. He wants to help you pass on but his personal desires are making him waver.

I love you... I love you! Did you know...that I loved you till this extent? I wanted to tell you more...so much more... *kiss*
Goodbye. I know that...in another place, you will be smiling once again. Goodbye...

The next track is his song entitled Ambivalent Requiem and the last track is his final message to you.

Hey, do you see this? As promised, I'm laughing. I love you, I miss you. You're so cute even though you're already dead. Really cute! But...the you who left me...I hate and miss that you! I hate you! I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate you! I really hate you so much! I want to die! Take me to where you are...

----------------------------------------------

Final thoughts:
I was literally blown over by this volume. I cried while listening to Track 6. Omg the feels. I just cannot. ┬─┬/(.□.)

Hinata is, in my honest opinion, a very lonely guy who cares about his beloved very much. Yes, he is termed a yandere but I feel that his obsessiveness for you doesn't really come off as one. He didn't want to part with you because he finally found someone who was able to make him very happy. I mean, he lives in that mansion with six other guys whom he doesn't get along with. And the fact that he is unable to leave the mansion nor is he able to meet his final end. No wonder he is lonely. Poor baby... (;-;) Hinata's a really kind person as well. If he was human, I...oh gosh...I love him so much! If there was an alternate ending to the story, I would wanna wish that I changed my mind about dying and then I could be there for him. But then again, maybe he would disappear if I wished not to die. Right? I mean, he only appears when you truly wished to die... Gah I don't know... (>A<)

As for his song, melody wise, I prefer Akira's. But of course, the lyrics for his song is strong as it represents how much love he has for you. No other complains for it~

And Takahashi-san did a good job bringing Hinata's character to life. I haven't heard from him for quite a while so I'm glad to have him back in the otome scene. I look forward to his future works!

Overall Rating: ★★★★☆

Looking forward to listening to volume 3. It's Takahashi Naozumi next and you know how sexy he can be. I nearly fainted just listening to the sample voice on the official site akdalhfhgfalglshfah. And I really like the song he sings. Can't wait can't wait! (〃∇〃)

No comments:

Post a Comment